Friday, June 3, 2011

The L and R words

No matter how cool I act about it or even say I am good with where I am (which I am), there is still a longing there inside my heart.

I have to say that when I was a kid there was a couple things I always wanted to be when I grew up but this is something that has never changed and I have always wanted to happen.... meeting someone, falling in love/having a relationship, and getting married. I have always had thay desire, but now that I am the age that is prime for it... I am nervous. Scared, of what that actually means. I think sometimes in our "christian" world we get in the mind set of waiting for the one. I believe this doesn't mean what we think it means. God said "its not good man should be alone, let us make him a mate".

One thing I was thinling about is the fact that most people back in the day got married super earlier, ya know 12-16. By 20 you were slightly an old maid and by 30 you were a "crazy cat lady" (no ofference indeeded). But back in the day, yeah the women would wait for the man but what about in our day when I don't see anyone actually looking for the one? Not saying go out and date every guy, or open your heart to anyone who asks because that's stupid and harmful, but why are we waiting for 20 different signs from God or the perfect moment when a man(or woman) comes in with their face a glow, hair blowing in the wind and everything is the perfect moment?

In our world we made such an ideal out of love and romance, do we realize what true love is? Would we know it if it hit us in the face?
- I am not sure if I would, but there is no sweeter love than the love of God. This I know to be true, and no love can ever fill that longing deep inside of us unless its the love of God, like the saying goes " there is a God sized hole in all of us."
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment